The Youth Leadership Program
About the Program
The American Embassy is pleased to announce the Youth Leadership Program with Belarus, a four-week youth leadership exchange designed to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Belarus. Secondary school students of 15-17 years old will be competitively selected and will travel to the United States in July 2016.Deadline for applications is February 22, 2016.
The program is administered by World Learning, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that advances leadership in more than 60 countries by empowering people and strengthening institutions through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs.
· be 15-17 years old at the time of the exchange;
· be enrolled in a public school in Belarus;
· have a least one year of secondary school left at the time of the exchange;
· NOT have traveled previously to the United States;
· have the ability to read, speak, and understand English;
· have citizenship and current residency in Belarus;
· have permission from both parents or legal guardians to participate in the four week program; and
· submit a complete application including: essays, letters of recommendation, and parent/guardian consent form
The program is funded by the U.S. Government. There is no application fee for applicants. The deadline for applications is midnight EST February 22nd.
For more information about the program, application form and instructions, click here: http://www.worldlearning.org/what-we-do/youth-leadership-program-with-belarus/#
The program offers equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, native language, handicap or disability. Students with disabilities and those from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.