For Visa Processing
The United States government has strict requirements for the photographs which must be submitted with a non-immigrant visa application. Photographs which fail to meet the following requirements cannot be accepted.
An applicant must submit a photograph taken within the last six months and which meets the following criteria:
- A full face photograph with the head centered in the frame (a "full face" photograph is one in which the applicant faces the camera directly, with eyes looking straight at the camera.
- The face must cover about 50% of the area of the photograph.
- The head of the applicant should be shown from the crown to the tip of the chin on top and bottom, and from hairline side-to-side. The ears must be exposed. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between one inch and 1 and 3/8" (25mm to 35mm) with the eye level between one and 1/8" to 1 and 3/8" (28mm and 35mm) from the bottom of the photograph.
- Photographs must be in color and must be taken against a white background.
- No head coverings (hats, scarves, etc.), except for religious purposes.
- No sunglasses.
- Photographs should printed without borders.
Please note: thanks to the new DS-160 form, you only need to bring with you a printed photo if your digital upload failed. Should you need to visit a shop in order to have your photo printed, please consult the following list of shops that can make appropriate passport photos. The U.S. Embassy in Minsk provides this list for information only; any photo that meets the above criteria will be accepted.
Passport photos can be taken at:
- 3 Kiseleva St. (Metro "Victory Square", bus 100, 18)
-74 Surganova St. (trollybus # 46, 53 to Bangalor Square)
- 15 Internatsionalnaya St. (behind the GUM Department Store, near 'Pobeda' Movie Theatre)
- 20 Moskovskaya St. (Dom Byta, Metro "Istitute Kultury")
-5 Kulman St. (Dom Byta near Komorovski Market and 'Parking' Mall) trolybus # 29, 40
-78 Miasnikova St. (Dom Photo, near Independence Square), trolybus # 29, 37, 46, bus 38
- 44 Skaryny Ave. (near the ZUM Department Store)
- 4 Kirova St. (near the Railway Station)
- 9 Romanovskaya Sloboda St. (Metro "Nemiga", "Frunsenskaia")
- 40a Skaryny Ave. (Dom Byta)
- 1 Kirova St. (Railway Station)