I. Currently the U.S. Embassy in Minsk is only able to accept the following limited categories of FIRST TIME nonimmigrant visa applications:
- Diplomatic visas (A and G categories)
- Student visas (F and M category)
- Exchange visitor visas (J category) - except Summer Work and Travel J1 visas
- Guest of embassy visitor’s visas (relatives of Belarusian diplomats serving at the Belarusian diplomatic missions in the U.S.)
- U.S. Government-sponsored travel and programs
- Tourists and visitors (B1/B2) more than 70 years old.
- Work Visas page for more details). Petition bases work visas for Performers, Sportsmen and Artists (P) and for individuals with outstanding abilities (O) (see the
For more details on the application procedure, see our How to apply page.
If you have a family or medical emergency requiring urgent travel, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org In your e-mail, please state why you believe that your situation is an emergency and provide support for your claim (letter from the hospital, police report, etc.). We will then contact you within 48 hours (during the work week) with a response.
II. The U.S. Embassy in Minsk also accepts the following categories of RENEWAL nonimmigrant visa applications for visas expired less than 3 years and 10 months ago (on the day of your application to the Embassy).
- Diplomatic (A and G)
- All Business/Tourist (B1/B2)
- Crew member (C1/D)
- Student (F and M)
- Exchange visitor (J) - except Summer Work and Travel J1 visas
- Petition based work H, L, O, P provided an applicant is going back to the U.S. to continue work for the same employee and the number of the I-129 petition stays the same (this 10 digit number preceded by three alphabetic characters can be found on your visa in the 'Annotation' line: for example EAC-14-555-55555).
IMPORTANT: All H renewal applicants MUST submit to an interview. Although you may renew your visa, you should schedule your appointment for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
If you have a visa from a different category, please write to us at email@example.com
For more details on the renewal definition and application procedure, see our How to renew page.
If your visa application does not meet the criteria described on How to renew page, you cannot renew your visa in Minsk. In this case, you should check if your application meets the criteria set for First Time Visa Applications in Paragraph I on this page. “First time application” in this context means that this is your first visa application, or your pervious applications were denied, or your last visa expired more than 3 years and 10 months ago (on the day of your application to the Embassy).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to issues related to security screening, NO LARGE BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE CONSULAR SECTION.
Residents of Belarus whose applications do not fall under the categories described in Paragraphs I and II on this page should make arrangements to apply for a nonimmigrant visa at another post. While applicants may apply in person at any U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate where they have an appointment, suggested posts for residents of Belarus are below. Each of these suggested posts have additional information for non-resident applicants on their websites.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow: http://moscow.usembassy.gov
- U.S. Consulate St. Petersburg: http://stpetersburg.usconsulate.gov
- U.S. Embassy Kyiv: http://kiev.usembassy.gov
- U.S. Embassy Warsaw: http://poland.usembassy.gov
- U.S. Embassy Vilnius: http://vilnius.usembassy.gov/belarusians.html
- U.S. Embassy Riga: http://riga.usembassy.gov/visas.html
Want more information?
If you cannot find your answer on our website, and cannot wait for us to respond by e-mails, you may call us at (375 17) 210-12-83 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and ask the operator to put you through to the Consular Section. Don’t call earlier in the day; we won’t be able to take the call because we’re busy helping customers at the window.
If, after reading out website, you cannot find the answer to your question, please send us at e-mail at CONSULARMINSK@STATE.GOV. We will respond within three working days. If you have not received a response from us within 3 working days, please call us at the number above to check whether we have received your e-mail.