Currently the U.S. Embassy in Minsk is only able to accept the following limited categories of nonimmigrant visa applications:
- Diplomatic visas (A and G categories)
- Student visas (F and M category)
- Exchange visitor visas (J category)
- Petition based work visa renewals (click here for details)
- Guest of embassy visitor’s visas (relatives of Belarusian diplomats serving at the Belarusian diplomatic missions in the U.S.)
- Family & medical emergencies requiring urgent travel
- U.S. Government-sponsored travel and programs
- Tourists and visitors more than 70 years old.
We offer interviews for visa applicants falling under the above categories on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Appointments can be made by e-mail only atConsularMinsk@state.gov. In your e-mail, please state why you believe that your application falls under one of the above categories. We will inform you of your appointment time and date by phone or e-mail, or, if your request for an appointment is declined, we will explain why. Normally, you will receive a response within 2-3 days.
For more details on the application procedure, see our How to apply page.
Residents of Belarus whose applications do not fall under the above categories should make arrangements to apply for a nonimmigrant visa at another post. While applicants may apply in person at any U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate where they have an appointment, suggested posts for residents of Belarus are below. Each of these suggested posts have additional information for non-resident applicants on their websites.